Timber Run Hydropower Corporation
In the village of Norland, On., on the Gull River.
Bryan Moloughney Ing., M.Ing., PMP.
Design and sourcing :
2014 – 2015
2015 – 2017
Cost of the work
Timber Run Hydropower Corporation mandated Equinox Construction Services (ECS) to carry out the design, contracting, sourcing, execution and
QA/QC, along with the Project Management tasks, of all hydromechanical equipment required at the Norland Hydropower Plant. After completing the
Dewatering, Excavation and Reinforced Concrete phases, ECS was responsible, through a turnkey delivery model, for delivering the equipment that was
designed by a 3rd party, under ECS supervision.
Also known as an ECI (Early Contractor Involvement) model, ECS was deeply involved in optimizing the designs, preparing realistic budgets and
timelines, updating the relevant stakeholders, and prioritizing the Client’s objectives.
Furthermore, ECS managed the approval process with the Parcs Canada Agency (PCA) as well as the Quality Control of the equipment including 4 intake
gates with guides, deck grating, handrails, embedded parts and a 1-inch spaced trashrack.
- Concept preparation and validation
- ECI for optimizations
- Sourcing and budgeting
- Managed the logistics, timing and delivery of the various
- Responsible for the
- Execution of the work as well as the
- Owner of the Project Budget and Schedule
- Owner of the Change Management process and
- Management of all involved Stakeholders
- Various inputs and requirements needed to be mastered
- Numerous interfaces between work phases to be
- Integration of the Stakeholder requirements