Timber Run Hydropower Corporation
In the village of Norland, On., on the Gull River.
Bryan Moloughney Ing., M.Ing., PMP.
Design and fabrication:
Installation and commissioning:
Cost of the work
Timber Run Hydropower Corporation mandated Equinox Construction Services (ECS) to carry out the design, contracting, fabrication, sourcing,
inspections, installation and commissioning of a roller gate used in the Emergency Spillway at the Norland Hydropower Plant. The project was
delivered through a Turnkey contract model where ECS managed every aspect from the Design Phase until commissioning and is still involved, to this
day, in the long-term support tasks including periodic inspections and preventative maintenance.
The 4.0 m x 2.5 m gate, complete with embedded gains and sill plate, heating elements, lifting mechanism and actuator, was designed, fabricated,
installed and commissioned under ECS’s supervision. ECS assembled the various specialists required to complete the project and carried out periodic
meetings and check-ins while ensuring that the product respected the owners and regulatory agencies’ requirements.
The agencies involved included the Parcs Canada Agency, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, the
Village, and Transport Canada.
- Supervise the design team and compare concepts
- Identify savings and risks for the Owner
- Manage the various Project Stakeholders
- Owner of the Project Schedule and Project Budget
- Validated the various inputs provided to Design Team
- Managed an informal Call for Tenders period
- Contracted and managed the Fabrication Team
- Supervised the installation and commissioning
- Currently involved in the operation and maintenance of
- Various stakeholders with often conflicting requirements
- Site supervision during winter months
- Validating fabrication quality and schedules