Ministry of Natural Ressources and Forestry
Three Corner Lake Dam, 1.5 h north of Sudbury, ON.
Bryan Moloughney Ing., M. Ing., PMP.
Alexander O’Beirn, Ing.
Fast-track project – Sourcing and execution all completed within 1 month (Oct – Nov 2022)
Cost of the work
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry mandated Equinox Construction Services (ECS) to carry out various concrete rehabilitation solutions to
the Three Corner Lake Dam. ECS completed the sourcing, execution, QA/QC and PM tasks internally and with the help of their local execution partner,
Boyes & Sons Construction. The repairs included vertical and horizontal repairs to various locations on the upstream, deck and downstream faces, along
with extensive crack injection work, expansion joint filling and map cracking repairs.
This work was carried out without any perturbation to the operation of the dam, without any dewatering and while working on a floating work
platform. The solidification of the deck, pier buttresses and toes has greatly increased the durability of the structure.
As this was a Fast-Track project, the work was substantially completed less than a month after holding the contract kick-off meeting on-site. Through
this Turnkey model, ECS controlled all risks associated with product compatibility, delivery delays, execution problems and quantity measurement and
- Project & Construction Management tasks
- On-site engineer
- Sourcing, logistics and delivery while managing
alternative products and material shortages
- Managed the logistics, timing and delivery of the various
- Responsible for the Execution of the work as well as the
- Owner of the Project Budget and Schedule
- Owner of the Change Management process and
- Shortages in Portland Cement and other raw materials
lead ECS to source products from several different cities
- Fast-track nature of the project needed to be completed
before winter months
- Remote work area needed extensive planning and